What's It All About, Alfie?

I warned them all from the beginning. I always said something along the lines of "I must advise you, I am stamped with an invisible warning. I will not commit. I will never marry." Despite my best efforts, I'm beginning to feel some small cracks in my faux finish. You know, when I look back on my little life and all the women I've known, I can't help but think about, all that they've done for me, and how little I've done for them, how they looked after me, cared for me, and I repaid them by never returning the favor. I used to think I had the best end of the deal. What have I got? Really! Some money in my pocket, some nice threads, fancy car at my disposal, and I'm single, unattached, free as a bird. I don't depend on nobody, nobody depends on me. My life's my own… but I don't have peace of mind, and if you don’t have that you've got nothing. So, what’s the answer? That's what I keep asking myself. What's it all about? You know what I mean?
Free counter and web stats